Peter Marsh was raised at Scarborough and has lived on the peninsula since birth. Peter has an extremely strong local knowledge after having worked in various engineering capacities for the previous Redcliffe City Council, Pine Rivers Shire Council and Moreton Bay Regional Council for 44 years, most recently as Team Leader Waterways and Coastal Infrastructure, before recently joining the RealWay team.
He developed an interest in the property market during this time after buying and selling various properties throughout the peninsula and through family connections in the industry.
Being the eldest of five children, Peter is part of the third generation of the Marsh family on the peninsula with long term links to the prawn trawling industry at Scarborough.
Following local school attendance, Peter graduated with a Certificate in Civil Engineering form then Queensland Institute of Technology (QUT), an Associate Diploma of Computing from Central Queensland University, a Certificate IV in Project Management and completed numerous short courses including contract and project management.
Moving back to Scarborough for a little over 10 years, Peter is married with three sons, a step-daughter and step-son, three grandsons and a great- granddaughter all living throughout the local region.
Apart form regularly catching up with family and friends, Peter's pastimes and community interests have included:
- Member of Redcliffe Leagues Club since the mid-1970's
- Previous involvement with his sons' junior sporting teams - soccer, cricket, league, BMX
- Director of a community based credit union
- High involvement in local sports including cricket, squash, indoor cricket and surf-skiing
- Previous member of the Scarborough Squash Club
- Member of local gyms for over 15 years
- Social member of the Moreton Bay Boat Club
- 2009 Nominee for Moreton Bay Regional Council - Sportsperson of the Year
- Active member of Redcliffe Outrigger Canoe Club for over 15 years
- Served on the management committee for over 10 years
- Club president for 8 years
- Regularly competed in paddling regattas throughout south-east Queensland and between Coffs Harbour and Hervey Bay
- Awarded inaugural Life Membership in 2015
- Competed in major international regattas at Hamilton Island, Sydney Harbour and Hawaii.
When not spending time around the peninsula, Peter has enjoyed holidaying throughout the east coast of Queensland from Cape York to the NSW border, along the coast of NSW, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne and surrounds including the Great Ocean Road and in Western Australia from Perth to Margaret River. Overseas destinations have included Hong Kong, Fiji, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Singapore, Maldives, Thailand, Bali, Hawaii and India.
Peter is excited about joining RealWay Property Consultants and bringing his local knowledge to working closely with the highly experienced team, in particular, its well known and respected principal, Andrew Reibelt.