Thinking of managing your own property?
Ask yourself these questions. Do you have:
- The energy to take phone calls 24 hours a day?
- The time to advertise and select quality tenants?
- The time and expertise to keep an eye on your investment on a regular basis?
- A comprehensive knowledge of Queensland's Residential Tenancies Legislation?
- The experience to maintain an emotional detachment from your property in the event of difficulties, disputes or demands of tenants?
Without knowledge of the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accomodation Act, you could find yourself dealing with the Residential Tenancies Authority as part of a dispute with tenants which could expose yourself to the risk of civil litigation. The Act provides that penalties can be imposed on a landlord who does not comply with the provisions of the legislation, its documentation and time constraints.