Presentation of your property is a critical factor in achieving the highest possible price. This is similar to detailing a car before you sell it. The emotional appeal required to stir the spirit of the buyers is unlikely to be generated by a poorly presented property and a neglected building sends out "warning signals" to prospective buyers.
Here are some handy tips to present your home for a successful sale:
- Spring clean the entire home and tidy up gardens and lawns.
- Space Sells - clear away all clutter.
- Don’t Spend Big Money - spending money on carpets and paint will not sell your property, prospective buyers may not share your taste and you will want to add to the price!
- Little Things Count - Fix all sticking doors/windows, loose doorknobs and faulty plumbing.
- Highlight Your Home - Create brightness and lightness by opening window furnishings and switching on strategic lights to brighten up gloomy spots prior to the arrival of prospective buyers.
- Pets - Ensure your pets are restrained whilst inspections are taking place.
- Little Extras – buyers appreciate a clean kitchen and sparkling bathroom and a vase of fresh flowers can also welcome prospective buyers into your home.
Create a Home that Potential Buyers can see themselves living in!!